When I arrived on site I found that I had several chores to perform before I could really get started.
Firstly, one of the eyelets in the tarpaulins had ripped out.
I have dealt with this many times before - I just grab the damaged corner, twist it up in to a wick, and then wrap the rope around it multiple times before tying off.
What took most of my time was the necessity of dropping most of the other tarpaulins down so that I could access the corner that I needed to fudge around.
(At the end of the day I bought 4 dog collar clips and, in combination with another 4 from off the 'flag pole" pulley systems, modified the ropes so that they could quickly be unclipped from the tarpaulins at the end of the day. This also allowed the tarpaulins to drop across the front of the house and protect the bay windows from the rain).
The previous evening I had already prepared 4 sets of soakers so I used one set in conjunction with the previously prepared third row of cladding to install this fully.
After this, I cut to length the planks needed for another two rows and primed the ends of them.
This took a surprisingly long time, but by the end of the day I found that I could install them quite quickly.
This leaves one bay window clad up to the sill level.
While the weather was still relatively fine, I took the opportunity to load all the WeatherTex offcuts in to the back of my utility and to cover them with a tarpaulin.
The first thing I did this morning was measure and record an inventory of the cut off pieces of WeatherTex.
I worked out the most efficient way to cut these pieces to create the planks for the middle and upper part of the bay.
It took me most of the rest of the day to cut up and edge prime sufficient lengths for the middle part of the bay.
I hope to also prepare the upper part of the bay later in the week.
There are another 5 runs of planks above the windows - I prepared these on Friday.