On Thursday evening and Friday midday, I visited the site with 3 tarpaulins and set them up to shelter most of the front veranda.
I spent the first hour on site roping down the third tarpaulin.
No sign of the predicted rain.
I told anyone who would listen that it would not be raining for the rest of the day and they could thank me.
Sandy and Jim visited around midday.
I was caught up, at the time, helping out a client but they waited very patiently and Jim even patched up some of the building wrap for me.
We stopped for a coffee and a chat.
I am still finding the installation of the cladding and the corner trims (soakers) very tricky.
It took me most of the day to get the first row sitting flat and to set up a few more of the vertical corner datum lines.
At 4.00 pm the rain arrived, just drizzle at first but then becoming more substantial.
I was able to keep working up until dark under the cover of the tarpaulins.
I have left them in place - a storm is predicted - so I hope I don't find a tattered ruin next time I visit.
Towards the end of the day I managed to install a second row of WeatherTex relatively quickly.
It is only tacked in lightly at the moment - I still need to check levels.