I had almost finished the third and fourth small windows a week ago - but put them on hold in order to prepare all the sashes for paint stripping.
Today was the day to finish them off.
I had one more lap joint to complete - I marked it up carefully but because I wasn't paying enough attention I turned an "outy" in to an "inny".
What should have taken me half an hour turned in to a two hour job as I was forced to patch the stile (or create a completely new one).
This set my plans back a while.
Once this was sorted out I spent several hours bogging up holes and defects in both window frames.
After this I carefully clamped up each frame, checked it for dimensions and squareness and nailed it together.
I then routed a fine rebate on each side to accept the edge of the PolyFlash.
Finally, as the end of day approached I inserted the parting bead in to both frames.
I still have a lot of paint primer application to do and probably a few patches as well.
I might be able to tackle these on Australia Day.
This was mainly a day of rest - movie in the morning (Storm Boy - very good), lunch in the food hall, a beer at the local pub, fall asleep in front of the television.
However, I did manage to get organised to paint the small window frames.
I set up horses, laid each frame out, cleaned the paint brush and stirred the primer.
In theory, all ready to make an early start tomorrow.
Monday through Thursday
Every day I made a little progress on painting the frames - first the primer and then the heritage cream top coat.