I was chastising myself for not attempting one of the diagonal purlins last week.
It was a good thing that I didn't.
This morning, while fresh and full of energy, I tackled this job and I had to throw at it just about every power tool that I have.
First of all I had to cut the brackets down in length.
Then I had to drill new holes.
For one of the brackets the holes ended up too close together and I needed to use my die grinder to enlarge them.
When fixing the brackets I needed to use the angle drill because access was so limited.
Finally after two hours I had this bracket installed.
After this I had one more diagonal bracket to do but this only took one hour.
Next I moved on to replacing some purlins on the other side.
One had been displaced by a large beam but by turning it around I could reinstall it using the same tag.
There were two other purlins where I had used a z purlin at the time.
I replaced these with purlins that had been liberated previously by the large beams.
Next I laid out the template on the right hand side and marked up the positions for all the right angle and diagonal purlin.
I installed 5 pairs of brackets for the right angle purlins and after this I packed up and went home.