I can never seem to get a clear run at this.
Today I intended to complete all the assembly work on the individual panels.
Instead, I spent all the morning picking up a window I had bought from a nearby demolition yard.
I was unhappy with the experience for two reasons.
Firstly, I am sure that they said $200 when we agreed on a price.
When I looked on the receipt for my deposit it said that the total price was $300.
I tend to doubt myself more than them, and even at $300 it was still good value.
I have had one very expensive quote to build the 4 side windows and two other joiners who did not seem very interested - so I have decided to purchase windows with sashes and cut them down.
The second reason I was not happy was that they said there would be some help on hand to load the window on to my trailer and there was no one.
I ended up removing the sashes from the frame and loading the components myself.
Once I had the trailer unloaded at home and the window in storage, I returned to creating the 9 panels for the second bay window.
I had one more attempt at creating the 22.5 degree stud frame sides. It turned out that I had enough spare timbers to repeat this. I chose straight grained pieces of treated pine, without knots.
I still have a slight bow in these new pieces but I am confident that I can eliminate this during construction.
I then laid out all the pieces on our large paved area and started fixing them together with my framing gun.
I was sure that I would finish construction today.
I completed all of the nailing and was about to go to the supermarket when Ian rang for coffee.
The supermarket was not quite open yet so a pause for coffee was a good idea.
After the supermarket I needed to nip down to Midland for pet supplies (Linda is away at the moment so I am looking after this) and to visit a friend in a nursing home.
I had enough time to screw some of the corner pieces together and then it was dark.
So it looks like another weekend is needed to complete construction.