I spent a full day on site and I was pretty happy with my efforts.
Today was one of those unglamorous days that have to be invested before painting a wall.
I patched all the fixing holes for the window frame and the door frame as well as the header architraves.
I also inserted SikaFlex Pro in to each gap between the WeatherTex boards.
This was done following a video I found on the WeatherTex site.
First you apply masking tape either side of the gap, and below, then squirt in the sealant, then level it using a spatula and finally strip off the masking tape.
I still need to make a mid week visit to site and apply enamel over all the window/door patches and apply water based primer over the board joints.
I should be able to apply the first coat of Heritage Cream next weekend.
(Public Holiday - Australia Day)
I lightly rubbed back the primer I had applied over the architrave, window frame and door frame patching.
I applied Heritage Cream and Brunswick Green enamel as appropriate.
I also applied water based primer over the SikaFlex Pro fillers for the gaps between planks.
I allowed 2 hours for the primer to dry and then started applying the water based top coat.
It's a long time since I did any large area painting and my shoulders became very tired very quickly.
Eventually I settled in to an efficient routine - using a good quality brush to fill in under the overlap and top face on each plank and a small half roller to complete the vertical face.
By the end of the day I had completed from the front corner up to the kitchen window frame.
Hopefully on Saturday I can complete the first coat up to the far corner.