All I intended to do today was replace the sump pump in the septic system.
However, I had also created 5 floorboard runs to take my flooring progress up to a critical junction.
I wanted to install these just to make sure I had my gauge marking correct before cranking out a further 25.
The only complications were the need to extend the pipe on my 4 sash clamps and to temporarily undo and pop up part of the roof covering so that I could access the anchorage point.
I finished this job by 11.00 am but by now the septic pumping tank was in full sun and it was 41 degrees.
I retired indoors until 4.30 pm and worked on a whole lot of tasks in the air conditioning.
Once I started work on the pump it all went quite smoothly.
I had previously installed a barrel connector and this obviated the need to cut through the 40 mm PVC piping and having to glue in a joiner.
In fact, it turned out that the replacement pump was an identical model to the faulty one.
The only hiccup was I needed an adjustable plumber's shifter to unscrew the short riser from the pump body.
I borrowed this from Ross for a few minutes.
Jim and Sandy turned up as I was finishing and helped me replace the tank top.
Overall a reasonably productive day.