A storm was forecast for Friday night / Saturday morning so I swapped Saturday with Sunday.
So Saturday we saw a movie in the morning and in the afternoon I loaded the remaining 10 purlins on to the utility.
I was out on site by 6.30 am.
I am not sure if you are allowed to make any construction noises at all on a Sunday.
Ian has told me that the start time is 9.00 am.
So for two and a half hour I tiptoed around the site unloading the 10 purlins on the utility and bringing the other eight out of storage.
It's tiring work moving 18 kg purlins around silently, trying not to scrape them or bang in to surfaces.
The upshot was I was not paying enough attention to my safety and slipped off the second rung of my ladder.
I landed perectly on my feet but my reflex action of grabbing for the purlin above me left me with an inch square area of skin peeled off and bleeding near the base of my thumb.
Not a serious injury by any means by I did not have sufficient first aid equipment to protect the raw flesh from contamination.
I rang Linda for help and an hour later she turned up with dressings (and pastries and take away coffee).
Sandy and Jim visited at the same moment so we shared out the pastries four ways and I made them coffee and tea.
The injury smarted for a while but did not prevent me continuing my work.
Mainly I could not use my left hand very much as I did not want to bring it in contact with any surface.
After Linda applied a very competent dressing I was able to work normally for the rest of the day.
I made pretty good progress - all purlins are in position and bolted down at the outside plate.
There are still 12 positions at which I need to drill and bolt to cleats.
Hopefully I can knock that off next week as well as start working on the hallway purlins.
Now that the street level rooms almost have a "ceiling" they are starting to feel bigger again.