I've left it a week late to write up what I did this Saturday - so my memory is a bit vague now.
I know that before Saturday I visited Tony M and had him check out my stud design.
Also I bought up supplies at Midland Timber.
So far I have been using up my jarrah stockpile from 8 years ago.
I know I spent about $3000 back then but for the last year, as I have been working my way through the pile, it has felt like I have been obtaining the timber for free.
Imagine my shock when my materials bill was over $400 - ie about $200 per frame in H3 structural pine - 90 x 45.
I'm working on the last of the hallway frames at the moment.
Again quite complicated and needing 12 studs in each one.
I recall that I spent a lot of Saturday calculating and marking up the top and bottom plates of each frame.
I managed to trench one pair.
On Sunday we went to the cinema to see "SPY" and the rest of Sunday seemed to go on selecting jarrah timbers for 3 x Blocks, short door overhead studs, noggings and the door lintels. Also gluing and nailing the door lintels together.
During the following week I spent any spare moment painting up all the timber.
In theory H3 pine does not need painting but I would rather put in a bit of effort now than see it degrading.