Again I worked from home today.
The first job was to take the timbers off the back of the utility one by one and examine each one for the best docking positions.
In each case I also marked up the two jointer planer surfaces.
I then docked and stacked them.
Of the 17 pieces I did not reject out of hand, I planed the first two surfaces and thicknessed the third.
On Sunday I just need to thickness the 90 mm surfaces.
We spent the morning at the beach and in the afternoon I thicknessed the last face.
Sunday night I assessed each piece, marked up the flaws and stacked them ready to take to Tony M for grading.
Monday late afternoon I took the pieces to Tony M for assessment - 12 are ok to use as studs out of the 17.
Considering that I started with 27 pieces, this is a very disappointing yield.