This week I have been suffering the side effects of the antibiotics I had to take for the throat infection.
Both Saturday and Sunday were cold, wet, and miserable.
Saturday morning I started to mark up the positions of the noggings for frame #3.
It rained, the mark washed away, I marked it up again, the rain washed it away.
If I have been feeling better I would have, of course, used my builder's pencil.
Instead, because I was feeling so crook I just gave up, went inside to the warmth of the house, and fell asleep in front of the television.
Over the next few days I gradually installed all the noggings and then the cross bracing.
What I have discovered is that the framing gun really struggles to push a nail through two layers of jarrah and I have now switched to predrilling and hand nailing the noggings.
All other nailing is ok with the gun as it is going through a pine plate before penetrating the jarrah.
Thursday is forecast to be a fine day - I am hoping to transport frames 2 and 3 out to site on that day and maybe erect them on the Saturday.
I did indeed manage to transport the frames out to site.
The frames are very heavy (80 Kg) but I managed to move them around without injury by sliding them down some pine timbers and attaching P trolleys with pneumatic tyres to roll them across the corrugations.
Caught up with my immediate neighbours Ian and Ross.
The winter creek is starting to fill after the recent rains.