Out to site at 7.30 am and left at 5:30 pm.
I intended to weld cleats on to two 8 metre lengths.
However, I noticed that there was a fire risk in the weeds that had regrown.
I spent the next 3 1/2 hours brushcutting and raking up leaves.
Around 11.00 I started welding on 20 cleats and finished around 4.30 pm.
Pretty good welds for me though I'm sure Ross can do a lot better.
I had a rest for a while but was too tired to start on the second length.
Packing up took a long time and then I headed home.
Labour day today.
I managed to get in a days worth of work.
At the end of day I headed out to Wooroloo to do some more welding.
I was disaappointed to notice that the most recent welding had ended up in a distorted beam.
Ross says it is minor and it can be worked back straight as it is installed.
The annoying thing is that this totally changes the order of installation.
Ian very kindly dropped in on Wednesday and attempted to straighten the beam using his excavator.