I was out to site at 7.30 am and left at 5.30pm
I don't know where the day went.
The first job was to perform the last bevel cut for the piece of PFC150 on the front corner.
Turned out well - a nice level job.
Next I turned my attention to the cut I had done the previous Saturday.
I had begged Ross to have a look at this and tell me if it was workable.
The cut across the main face was not quite square and he had marked this up.
I ground this back and reworked one of the bevels to end up with a good square job.
Having finalised these two bevel cuts I could now work out the length of the add on piece to take the 15m length out to 16 metres.
The front corner piece has an excess of 1200 mm so I was able to cut a piece from here, take down to my workshop and cut it accurately. While I was at it I also bevelled all the appropriate surfaces ready for welding.
After this, most of the rest of the day seemed to go on measuring off column positions and bevelling the long steels at the appropriate places so that when they are placed on the columns there will be a suitable valley to weld in to.
I don't know why this took so long but it seemed to involve a lot of tramping up and down the steep slope at the front of the block.
I was going to make a start on marking up all the cleat positions but I made a phone call to a friend re catching up for a coffee and suddenly half an hour had disappeared. So time to pack up and head home.
The main job next week will be to mark up about 100 cleat positions and start welding.
I'm expecting this to take at least 4 weeks.