Last weekend when I attempted to make some progress I was disappointed to find that all the recently mown weeds had sprung up again.
This meant it was not safe to do any angle grinding outside - frustrating any attempts to make progress.
I had woofers Paul and Leslie with me this Saturday but I needed to get back home by midday to make sure someone was present to keep an eye out for fire (yes I know I'm being paranoid).
First off I had Paul and Leslie check that all the drippers were running properly.
Then I asked them to roll out the last of the chicken mesh to protect the newly planted trees from marauding sheep.
After that I had Leslie on the lawn mower and Paul on the brushcutter.
While they worked on knocking down the wild oats I gave the wood pile a good going over with the chainsaw - I'm almost down to the pile of earth that can be shovelled across to the organic pile.
Paul and Leslie got through a tremendous amount of work.
I'll only need to spend about 2 hours next week finishing off the brush cutting so that it will be safe to use an angle grinder outside.