Wednesday night I popped out to site to complete a few items in readiness for tiling on Saturday.
I decided to stay out on site overnight.
I didn't finish my tasks until midnight and didn't get to bed unil half an hour later. Plus up at 5.00 am to finish off a few other tasks and drive home while the roads were quiet.
So - rather tired today.
I forgot to take my camera - so no photographs will appear here until Saturday.
The first task was to install the angle iron at the back door. During the week I gave it three coats of good quality primer. I also wanted to give it two coats of top coat before taking it out to site. However, it took 24 hours to dry - so I fixed it in place on Wednesday night and gave it a second coat in situ as I was leaving Thursday morning.
The next task was to continue with repairing the cement sheeting in the bathroom. This was slightly urgent as I hope to paint on the shower sealer on Friday night / Saturday.
I trimmed some scrap sheeting to size and glued it on to the tabs I created last week.
Next, I pop rivetted the brass tile edge on to the step angle iron (not the outside step - the one between the garage and the laundry). I also used some "Liquid Nails" glue at the same time - so I hope this is going to be really strong. We will use the rubberised tile adhesive in this area in case there is any relative movement.
Finally, I used an orbital sander and a hand sander to rub back the patching on the vanity cabinet holes.
As I expected - quite a few repairs needed a second application of filler - so I will do that on Friday night.
During the week I had a chat with my local hardware and Peter recommended "Prepsol" to increase the chance of a gloss paint adhering to the plastic warp surface of the panels.
Peter said he had done something similar himself - so I'm hoping that the paint repair will stick and not flake off.