It would have been great to have installed all of the remaining cement sheeting for the bathroom this Saturday. However, I knew from the outset that half a day would go in preparation work.
The day before, Linda and I had reviewed the layout of the mocked up bathroom and worked out the positon of the heater / light / fan.
This morning, I realised that this position put the unit smack under a 100 mm purlin so I had to move it 200 mm towards Ian's house after discussing it with Linda on the mobile.
Before dismantling the bathroom, I carefully recorded the exact position of the shower panels, dryer, washing machine and trough.
I wrote these on an adjacent wall instead of a notebook - so must transcribe them soon.
Next, I added polly tube and "Liquid Nails" around the copper piping where it passes through the stud frame. This will prevent "hammering" when any taps or solenoids are operated in the building.
Also where any two copper pipes may be in contact, I have inserted polly tube between them to keep them separated.
In addition, where any copper tubing was directly saddled to the stud frame, I inserted a protective piece of polly between the frame and the copper.This will prevent any electrolytic reaction between the wall of the copper pipe and the zinc coating of the stud framing. The larger brass or copper fixtures are in direct contact with the stud frame - but these are much more substantial than the thin wall of a copper pipe and a little loss to electrolysis will be insignificant.
Next, I lagged the hot water pipes running to the shower, washing machine and trough. This is a bit of an overkill considering that the piping is sitting inside an insulated wall - but every bit of insulation helps.
I then installed additional metal in to the stud framing for the shower panels to anchor in to. This was time consuming and fiddly.
Some time back, when I completed the stud framing construction , I installed packers under every stud that had a gap to the underlying slab. Some of these packers were slightly wider than 75mm and intruded in to the interior space of the room. I used the large angle grinder to remove any offending edges and then painted the raw, exposed metal with primer.
Finally I was able to make a start on installing the cement sheeting.
I inserted insulation in to the lower creek wall bathroom, then cut a 3.6mm length of sheeting to size and dragged it inside.
This I marked up accurately with all stud positions, intended fixing holes, water pipe positions, reinforcement positions and electrical positions.
I created cut outs for the power point and trough copper feed then placed and fixed the sheeting.
I was tempted to work on in to the night, inserting insulation in to the next wall area due for lining.
However, common sense prevailed - I packed up and departed at 8.30 pm