Today I fetched about 20 floorboards out of storage and started to process them.
Some had adhesive and a thin layer of rubber underlay glued to them.
I spent quite a few hours cleaning these up using turpentine and a scraper.
After this, all the floor boards were brushed and scraped down and sorted in to piles for docking where necessary.
Once I have done the docking I will need to further sort them by width as this can range from 81 mm to 85 mm.
I also set up the "preparation table" - two long planks on horses making up a total length of 5.4 metres.
At the back of this is a template stick which I have marked up from the measurements I made out on site on Thursday.
The centre position of each floor joist is marked on this stick.
I will give a more detailed account of how I use the template at a later time.